Last Modified: July 1, 2018
46brooklyn Research LLC (“46brooklyn” or “we”), respect your privacy and are committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy.
This Policy applies to information we collect:
- On the Site.
- In email, text, and other electronic messages between you and the Site.
It does not apply to information collected by:
- us offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by 46brooklyn or any third party; or
- any third party, including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or on the Site.
2. Children Under the Age of 13
Our Site is not intended for children under 13 years of age. No one under age 13 may provide any information to or on the Site. We do not knowingly collect information from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not use or provide any information on this Site or on or through any of its features/register on the Site, make any purchases through the Site, use any of the interactive or public comment features of this Site or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any screen name or user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We may collect several types of information from and about users of our Site, including information:
- by which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number, account identification numbers, passwords, and/or credit card information, and/or any other identifier by which you may be contacted online or offline (“Personal Information”);
- about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Site and usage detail;
- that is about you but individually does not identify you, such as technical or device-specific information such as your browser type, computer type, computer or device operating system, your search queries, internet service provider, and technical information about your means of accessing the Site; and/or
- traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Site.
We may collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us directly or through the use of the comment and blog features on the Site.
- Automatically as you navigate through the Site. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies.
4. Information You Provide to Us.
The information we may collect on or through our Site may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Site. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our Site, subscribing to our service, posting material, commenting or contributing to the blog, or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our Site.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us.
- Your search queries on the Site.
- The types of articles you engage with, click on, or make comments to.
Additionally, you also may provide information to be published or displayed (hereinafter, “posted”) on public areas of the Site, or transmitted to other users of the Site or third parties (collectively, “User Contributions”). Your User Contributions are posted on and transmitted to others at your own risk. Please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. Additionally, we cannot control the actions of other users of the Site with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your User Contributions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons. If you believe that your User Contribution has been viewed by an unauthorized person, please contact us at email@example.com.
5. Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies.
As you navigate through and interact with our Site, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our Site, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Site.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
The information we collect automatically may include Personal Information, or we may maintain it or associate it with Personal Information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve our Site and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Site according to your individual interests and try to show you articles that may be of interest to you.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to our Site.
The technologies we may use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of our Site may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and on our Site. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies. For information about managing your privacy and security settings for Flash cookies, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
- Web Beacons. Pages of our the Site and our e-mails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit 46brooklyn, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
We do not control any third parties’ tracking technologies or how the collected information may be used so please be aware of such risks when clicking on third party advertisements of links. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible third-party provider directly. For information about how you can opt out of receiving targeted advertising from many providers, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
7. How We Use Your Information
We may use the information we collect from you in the following way and for the following reasons:
- To present our Site and its contents to you.
- To provide you with the information that you request from us.
- To respond to customer service requests from you and support your needs.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To personalize your experience on the Site.
- To aggregate user information to better understand our readers’ needs.
- To improve our Site interface, experience, or functionality.
- To tailor our posted research articles, white papers, and message board threads to engaged with the interested online community.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any misuse of the website.
- To notify you about changes to our Site.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
We may use your email address to send you information and updates pertaining to your order, or to respond to inquiries, questions, or requests. If you decide to opt-in to our mailing list, you will receive emails that may include company news, updates, and notifications when new articles are posted. If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails or communications, we include detailed unsubscribe instructions within each communications. For more information, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
We may use the information we have collected from you to enable us to display advertisements to our advertisers’ target audiences. Even though we do not disclose your Personal Information for these purposes without your consent, if you click on or otherwise interact with an advertisement, the advertiser may assume that you meet its target criteria.
8. Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
We may disclose Personal Information that we collect or you provide to us:
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of 46brooklyn’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which Personal Information held by 46brooklyn about our Site users is among the assets transferred.
- To third parties to market their products or services to you if you have not opted out of these disclosures.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
We may also disclose your Personal Information:
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of 46brooklyn, our audience, or others.
9. Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the Personal Information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
A. Tracking Technologies and Advertising
We do not control third parties’ collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”) on the NAI’s site available at, http://optout.networkadvertising.org/?c=1#!/.
10. Accessing and Correcting Your Information
You may send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org to request access to, correct or delete any Personal Information that you have provided to us. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
11. Data Security
We maintain measures designed to secure your Personal Information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. That said, the safety and security of your information ultimately depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone. We urge you to be careful about giving out information in public areas of the Site like message boards or comment sections. The information you share in public areas may be viewed by any user of the Site.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. We make no guarantees on the security of your Personal Information transmitted to our Site. Any transmission of Personal Information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Site.
13. Contact Information
46brooklyn Research LLC
22 N. East St. #236
Bellbrook, OH 45305